Sunday, April 15, 2012

A dream come true


Since I have known Ron he has wanted a Toyota Land Cruiser. Over the years he would look at them online, drool over them when we saw them on the road, and dream of the day he would be a proud owner of one.  Recently Ron's DREAM came true! He purchased a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser. His cousin Erick bought it several years ago, rebuilt it and made it into a pretty awesome truck. Erick recently decided to sell it and Ron JUMPED at the opportunity! Last month the truck arrived in all it's glory. It had a few hiccups along the way (ask Ron if you want the full story), but it got here and Ron has been beaming like a proud Papa over it ever since.


He has taken it out a few times to play. If Ron had his way he would take it out every weekend and spend two solid days in it. I think once the warm weather comes around that wish might come true as well. He has already gotten it stuck and I also have a feeling that will be occurring more frequently as well this spring/summer.



He has gotten the chance to work on it several times already! I think he loves this aspect of owning the truck too. Ron welcomes any chance of getting his hands dirty and figuring out how that hunk of metal works. I have to admit that I do love the truck as well. Maybe not as much as Ron, but I have always loved the old Cruisers and kind of wanted one. I think that I'm going to have to keep reminding myself of that when hours/days are spent 'playing' and 'working' on it!

Ada and Cate helping Ron on his truck! 














3 comments:

  1. So fun! I hear you bought a house! I currently don't have a phone (left it on the plane). When I get it back, I'll call you to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! How cool to finally acquire the "man toy" of your dreams! I'd love a jeep, but that seems a bit impractical w/#3 on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that picture of cate by the tire. it just shows how big that truck is! shane really wants to get out there with ron too! i can't wait for this summer, so much playing will occur! :) sly!

    ReplyDelete